cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

[Cleaver] question about material indices

  • From: Kristen Tgavalekos <kristen.tgav@gmail.com>
  • To: cleaver@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Cleaver] question about material indices
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:34:43 -0500

Hi Cleaver developers,

I'm Kristen Tgavalekos, and I work in the Breast Imaging Research Lab at MGH. I use the same computer system as Fernando Quivira has previously described.

I have a couple questions about the material indices for inputs and outputs to Cleaver. Both of my questions are probably related to the same misunderstanding or issue.

1. For a label map with a cube labeled as 0.5 and air labeled as -0.5, the resulting mesh is labeled as 0 for the cube and 1 for the air. Why don't the labels stay the same for input and output?
2. I also meshed a breast label map. Non-breast was labeled as -1. Four different tissues within the breast were labeled 1-4. The resulting mesh had material labels of 0-2. I viewed the mesh in MATLAB and meshlab. 0 was the breast as whole, 1 was everything that wasn't breast, and 2 looked like it was 0 and 1 combined or the padding. Why aren't the individual tissue regions labeled?

Let me know if you need more details.

Thank you,
Kristen Tgavalekos

  • [Cleaver] question about material indices, Kristen Tgavalekos, 02/15/2013