cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

Re: [Cleaver] Cleaver fails on 1px wide materials

  • From: Joshua Levine <levinej@clemson.edu>
  • To: Julien Finet <julien.finet@kitware.com>
  • Cc: "cleaver@sci.utah.edu" <cleaver@sci.utah.edu>, Jonathan Bronson <bronson@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Cleaver] Cleaver fails on 1px wide materials
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:31:35 -0400

To follow up on this, Julien and I did some debugging and it has to do
with the initial CellCentered vs. NodeCentered modes for the
FloatField type. I was actually a bit surprised that the default was
CellCentered.

Jonathan -- do you have any feedback here. The net result was that n
Julien's data, the interpolation completely loses the 1-voxel thick
material. I would have thought (erroneously) that in NodeCentered
type, actually the dual mesh could have been populated with the input
data values, instead of interpolating the once-interpolated values.

Josh