cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

Re: [Cleaver] STL format

  • From: Joshua Levine <jlevine@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "Gloschat, Christopher" <cgloschat@wustl.edu>
  • Cc: Elizabeth Jurrus <liz@sci.utah.edu>, "cleaver@sci.utah.edu" <cleaver@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Cleaver] STL format
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:24:30 -0400

Chris,

Step1: Do you have cmake installed? If not, then I recommend using
homebrew for these things on Mac. Macports or maybe fink might do the
trick, but we might have to ask a support person for other steps.

The rest of the process should be simple:

1. tar xvzf cleaver-v*.tar.gz
2. cd src
3. mkdir build
4. cd build
5. cmake ..
6. make

And it should happily compile. At which point, cleaver will be stored
in build/bin. However, I can predict a couple of problems if you're
using OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). The first is that the current OSX
compiler will complain. If you have a newer version of g++ installed,
then I recommend using that. For example, i have g++-4.8 installed
(also with homebrew). I fix this manually (there are other fancy ways
in cmake, but the following usually works):

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.8 ..

Which is basically forcing cmake to use a different compiler (assuming
you have that compiler installed).

I do currently have cleaver running on my mac, so if you need to me
elaborate on any steps let me know.

Regards,
Josh