cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

Re: [Cleaver] nrrd file read error

  • From: Brig Bagley <brig@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Elizabeth Jurrus <liz@sci.utah.edu>, cleaver@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: 1092493373@qq.com
  • Subject: Re: [Cleaver] nrrd file read error
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 10:30:39 -0600

Hi Dan,

I'm currently the primary developer for Cleaver2. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. We're aware that Cleaver2 on Windows can struggle with large data sets. There is particularly an issue when re-loading new data on the same run. For now, the best solution is to use a high memory machine and to restart Cleaver2 (GUI) for each new data set.

2. We will be soon releasing new binaries for Cleaver2 GUI and command-line tools. It will be available on Windows 7 (32bit) and up, OSX 10.9 and up, and OpenSuse 13.1 (Linux) and up. Other earlier platforms may work, but are not officially supported. Each binary will include the BZIP2 libraries for the NRRD reading, and the error you mentioned should no longer be an issue. If you are building Cleaver2 locally, be sure to install bzip2 (http://www.bzip.org/) on your machine before configuring.

The new binaries will be available early July 2015.

3. Could you rephrase your last question with exporting and crashing on Windows? I'm still unclear with the details of the problem you are experiencing.

Please let me know of any more questions you may have.
Regards,

Brig Bagley
Research Software Engineer
SCI Institute, University of Utah