cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

[Cleaver] Unable to mesh

  • From: Petr Henyš <petr.henys@tul.cz>
  • To: cleaver@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Cleaver] Unable to mesh
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:14:14 +0200

Dear Cleaver support,

I am PhD student dealing with biomechanics of pelvic bone. I am very interested in your lattice cleaving algorithm for meshing. I use the plug-in in Slicer3D and also I build the latest stable Cleaver from source.

I unable to get satisfactory results from Slicer3D because stair-stepping artefacts. I created three labels (background, cortical and trabecular bone). I understand that the boundary should be smooth enough, but how to achieve it for label masks? It maybe a trivial task, but I apologize for my poor knowledge of image processing.

After I successfully build Cleaver, I import the three volumes *.nrrd, but they do not appear in the render window. I checked the console output and updated the graphic driver (Ubuntu 15.04 - NVIDIA GF GTX 760 - proprietary 346.59), but it does not help.

Please, may I ask you for help?

Sincerely,

Petr Henyš

Czech Republic,

Technical University of Liberec

Applied Mechanics

  • [Cleaver] Unable to mesh, Petr Henyš, 09/15/2015