iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] Re: [SCI] IV3D on KSL News at 6PM

  • From: Chems Touati <chems@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: SCI Institute <sci@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] Re: [SCI] IV3D on KSL News at 6PM
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:00:32 -0600

 http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8232488

The same goes for a ImageVis3D, designed at the University of Utah's Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute. Director Chris Johnson says the program gives you "the ability to visualize these large data sets interactively."

That means you can now see a wide range of scientific images in 3-D--from molecules to engine blocks, including medical CT and MRI scans.

The images are reminiscent of Hollywood whiz-bang, sci-fi special effects--except this is based on real-life data.

"It is almost like we get to live in the future a bit, because we're able to do things no one else can do. And then over time, we're able to then move that down so it'll run on your laptop or even your iPhone," Johnson says.

Johnson says the sky is the limit for future apps.

Regards,

//cheMs
Chems Touati
Producer and Motion Graphics Designer