iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] change in handling RGBA data...

  • From: Colin Poczatek <jpoczatek@rics.bwh.harvard.edu>
  • To: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] change in handling RGBA data...
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:46:15 -0500

Hey Tom/Jens/Etc,

I've been looking at a new-ish version (v1823 if I'm reading it right, I got the 64bit binary off launchpad since I was having make fail building from the source) on IV3D and noticed a change. Before loading QVis RGBA data one would use isosurface rendering on the A channel. Now it seems that the 1DTF mode is correct (or the only one that works). However I can't think of what that's actually doing now, whereas the isosurface made intuitive sense. If I don't change the default (sigmoid function on all channels?) TF am I seeing a rendering of "unaltered" data as defined in the file (I'd guess no)? If I change the TF that's mapping from ??? to ???. Is it just remapping each channel individually?

Do you guys know what commit that change was made in? The old way seemed to work "better" with my data... Going to be making some figures for a paper soon. The new way is less cartoony and maybe more true, I'm not sure...

Somewhat related, is there documentation for the 1DTF file format? In case I know exactly what pixel values should be rendered as...

Collin

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail
contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in ;
error
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly
dispose of the e-mail.