iv3d-users

Text archives Help

Re: [IV3D-USERS] Compiling imagevis3d 3.1.0 on windows

  • From: tom fogal <tfogal@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [IV3D-USERS] Compiling imagevis3d 3.1.0 on windows
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 14:17:31 +0200
  • Comments: In-reply-to Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> message dated "Mon, 07 Jul 2014 12:41:36 +0200."

Mathieu Malaterre writes:
> I compilte imagevis3d on windows. I am reading:
>
> http://scirundocwiki.sci.utah.edu/SCIRunDocs/index.php5/ImageVis3D:Compiling
>
> - Is Visual Studio 2010 still sufficient to compile all of the C++11 code ?

I think we used VS2012 for the last build, but am not 100% sure on
that. 2010 is likely still okay.

Over the course of the last release cycle, windows devolved into 'fix
it when needed or at a release', unfortunately. You may hit minor
issues.

> - Can I use the precompiled Qt (shared libs):
> http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.6/qt-opensource-windows-x86-vs2010-4.8.6.exe

unless something I do not know about has changed, no, you need to
compile Qt from source, and statically. There's a script in the
Scripts/ directory for that.

-tom