iv3d-users

Text archives Help

Re: [IV3D-USERS] display volumes in mobile imagevis3d version 5.1

  • From: Alexander Schiewe < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [IV3D-USERS] display volumes in mobile imagevis3d version 5.1
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 11:36:40 +0100

Hi Ivan,

> Am 29.10.2015 um 17:28 schrieb ivan micha
> < >:
>
> Dear Alex,
>
> many thanks for providing these workarounds. i tried the first option and
> volume displays very nicely on my iphone. regarding the second option, the
> software doesn't run and gives an error message stating: can't start
> because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer. i got this error in
> windows 7 & windows 10 64 bits - in both machines, i made sure that this
> library is available.

The GitHub release is not bundled with the run-time components. All you need
is to install the latest Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

> i have a question for you: are you planing to develop a version of
> imagevis3d for android?

Unfortunately, we currently have no resources for developing, releasing, and
maintaining a full-featured IV3D product for Android. We have some prototypes
running but nothing that is intended for end users.

> kind regards,
> ivan

Cheers,
Alex

> [...]
> wrote:
> Dear Ivan,
>
> thank you for reporting the bug in the latest IV3Dm release (v5.1). We will
> fix it in the next release.
>
> Here is a quick workaround for now:
>
> Option 1) The problem only occurs when you use uncompressed “.i3m" volume
> files. In order to compress them just create a “.zip" file that contains
> your “.i3m" volume and “.1dt" transfer function file. Make sure to use
> “.i3m.zip" as the extension of this archive and upload it to your mobile
> device.
>
> Option 2) Use the latest IV3D build from GitHub:
> https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ImageVis3D/releases
> This version of IV3D automatically creates the ZIP file for you when
> exporting to IV3Dm.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
> > Am 20.10.2015 um 19:57 schrieb ivan micha
> > < >:
> >
> > dear jens,
> >
> > sorry for the confusion about alex :))
> >
> > as per your request, i sent you a uvf file from one of my volumes. from
> > this file, you could create the files that are transferred to the iphone.
> >
> > hope this helps,
> >
> > ivan
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Krüger, Jens
> > < >
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks for your suggestions. the volumes were created using the desktop
> >> version of imagevis3d. when i output the volumes to be transferred to
> >> the mobile version, the desktop generates two files: the transfer
> >> function and the volume (format compatible with the mobile imagevis3d).
> >> once the volume is loaded in the cell phone, the transfer function is
> >> OK. for some reason the viewer remains empty, I even modified the
> >> transfer function to make it completely opaque and still the viewer
> >> remains empty.
> >>
> >> i got a reply from Jens. He mentioned that he asked someone to look into
> >> the transfer module of mobile imagevis3d.
> >
> > Actually, Alex is the ”someone“ I asked to take a look at the issue :-)
> >
> > So far we are unable to reproduce the issue you are describing with our
> > datasets so we assumed there may be something wrong with your transfer
> > function. Is it possible you can give us access to one of your datasets
> > that cause you trouble?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jens
> >

> >> kind regards,
> >> ivan
> >>

> >> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:55 AM, Alexander Schiewe
> >> < >
> >> wrote:
> >> Hi Ivan,
> >>
> >> I am sorry for the inconvenience.
> >> Is the bounding box displayed if you enable it in the settings?
> >> If that is the case your transfer function was probably set to zero.
> >>
> >> Does your model include a custom transfer function file (*.1dt)?
> >> Did you try to change the transfer function in the transfer function

  • Re: [IV3D-USERS] display volumes in mobile imagevis3d version 5.1, Alexander Schiewe, 11/03/2015