iv3d-users

Text archives Help

Re: [IV3D-USERS] Empty volume

  • From: Alexander Schiewe < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [IV3D-USERS] Empty volume
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 11:28:08 +0100

Hi Yassmin,

IV3Dm v5.2 fixes your issue which is currently in the Apple app review and
will be available soon. Workarounds for the meantime have already been
discussed on this mailing list. We recommend to use the latest IV3Dm data
servers and compressed datasets (ZIP files) for your personal data transfers.

For all the details please see the cited messages below.

Cheers and a happy new year,
Alex

> Am 25.12.2015 um 10:37 schrieb
> :
>
> Hello,
>
> i was trying to import my data to mobile version from desktop, i generate
> the
> files from the desktop and use iv3d server and downloaded it to mobile, but
> the render view is black and 2D view shows black images also please check
> the
> images below
>

> http://tinypic.com/r/2zdu71t/9
> http://tinypic.com/r/30avnyw/9
> http://tinypic.com/r/2lvfqlw/9
>

> i don't know what's wrong, could you please help me in this?
>

> Thanks a lot,
> Yassmin

Empty volume workarounds:

> Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:
>
> Von: Alexander Schiewe
> < >
> Betreff: Aw: [IV3D-USERS] display volumes in mobile imagevis3d version 5.1
> Datum: 3. November 2015 um 11:36:40 MEZ
> An:
> " "
>
> < >
>
> Hi Ivan,
>
>> Am 29.10.2015 um 17:28 schrieb ivan micha
>> < >:
>>
>> Dear Alex,
>>
>> many thanks for providing these workarounds. i tried the first option and
>> volume displays very nicely on my iphone. regarding the second option, the
>> software doesn't run and gives an error message stating: can't start
>> because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer. i got this error in
>> windows 7 & windows 10 64 bits - in both machines, i made sure that this
>> library is available.
>
> The GitHub release is not bundled with the run-time components. All you
> need is to install the latest Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
> 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
>
>> i have a question for you: are you planing to develop a version of
>> imagevis3d for android?
>
> Unfortunately, we currently have no resources for developing, releasing,
> and maintaining a full-featured IV3D product for Android. We have some
> prototypes running but nothing that is intended for end users.
>
>> kind regards,
>> ivan
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Alexander Schiewe
>> < >
>> wrote:
>> Dear Ivan,
>>
>> thank you for reporting the bug in the latest IV3Dm release (v5.1). We
>> will fix it in the next release.
>>
>> Here is a quick workaround for now:
>>
>> Option 1) The problem only occurs when you use uncompressed “.i3m" volume
>> files. In order to compress them just create a “.zip" file that contains
>> your “.i3m" volume and “.1dt" transfer function file. Make sure to use
>> “.i3m.zip" as the extension of this archive and upload it to your mobile
>> device.
>>
>> Option 2) Use the latest IV3D build from GitHub:
>> https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ImageVis3D/releases
>> This version of IV3D automatically creates the ZIP file for you when
>> exporting to IV3Dm.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alex

Latest IV3Dm data servers: