iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] Idea : Spatialized Transfer Function

  • From: Pierrick Pochelu < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] Idea : Spatialized Transfer Function
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 20:12:21 +0200

Hello,

I am a french searcher in computing science and currently study "transfer function" and specially "transfer function 2D". ImageVis3D is the most powerful system I have found in this field. (Do you know other system ? I know Paraview and Voreen too. )

Spatialized Transfer Function seems great. The idea is to color grey points regarding their position in space. (x=red,y=green,z=blue). So we keep spatial information in histogram which is currently lost. (Thus maybe it is necessary to rise sampling in x and y axis.)

The idea is explained in this very interesting article :
http://www.cs.rug.nl/~roe/courses/wv/papers_final_assignments/Roettger2005.pdf

Figure 1 give an idea of what it would look like

What do you think about it ?

Best regards