Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

Re: [MANTA] How to change camera from make_scene(...)??

  • From: Steven Parker <sparker@cs.utah.edu>
  • To: Abe Stephens <abe@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: "'manta@sci.utah.edu'" <manta@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [MANTA] How to change camera from make_scene(...)??
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:19:43 -0600

On May 31, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Abe Stephens wrote:

So I would set a bookmark for the camera at the position I want it to be?

Exactly.

Is there any safety related reason I shouldn't be able to access the camera in the make_scene? Perhaps there is a way to do this?

The main reason is that there may be multiple cameras, and we don't know what kind they are.

I just want to specify the initial camera position so the model is in the view (this will make benchmarks easier...)

I completely agree. I've wanted the same thing too. For a short-term solution I recommend specifying them on the command line per James' suggestion. James and/or I can try to take a look at it soon.

Steve