Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[MANTA] Building / running Manta on fisher (now running suse)

  • From: Abe Stephens <abe@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "'manta@sci.utah.edu'" <manta@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [MANTA] Building / running Manta on fisher (now running suse)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:55:36 -0700

Today I encountered some problems running manta on fisher, which has been upgraded to propack 4, and now runs suse linux.

I needed to build a new copy of fox on the system. I wasn't able to build fox using the intel compiler, but a gcc build seemed to work alright. The new build of fox1.5 is located in:

/home/sci/abe/build-suse

The redhat version ccmake in /home/sci/abe/build-itanium didn't seem to have any library problems with suse.

After I built the itanium2 branch, I tried to run manta and got the following error:

fisher Manta/build-fisher> bin/manta
bin/manta: error while loading shared libraries: /home/sci/abe/Manta/build-fisher/lib/libSCIRun_Core.so: undefined symbol: ?0_memcopyA

Adding /opt/intel/cc/9.0/lib to my library path fixed this:
fisher Manta/build-fisher> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/sci/abe/build-suse/lib:/opt/intel/cc/9.0/lib

Abe

  • [MANTA] Building / running Manta on fisher (now running suse), Abe Stephens, 11/21/2005