Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[MANTA] Some notes on intel compiler

  • From: James Bigler <bigler@cs.utah.edu>
  • To: "'manta@sci.utah.edu'" <manta@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [MANTA] Some notes on intel compiler
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:39:30 -0600

If you want to use a preprocessor macro for Intel compilers you should use __INTEL_COMPILER. __ECC is on ia64 (itanium) architectures and __ICC is everywhere else (32 and 64 bit architectures).

Also, you can specify -no-gcc which tells the compiler to not use GCC stuff in places (I don't really understand where, though). You get different parsing when you specify this command. I saw ICC do the same broken thing that GCC did when generating code. I've been trying to use -no-gcc where I have GCC 3.3 installed to prevent it from using an older GCC compiler.

James

  • [MANTA] Some notes on intel compiler, James Bigler, 06/26/2006