Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

Re: [Manta] kdtree building tool. downloadable binary or code?

  • From: Thiago Ize <thiago@cs.utah.edu>
  • To: "Remik.Ziemlinski" <Remik.Ziemlinski@noaa.gov>
  • Cc: manta@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Manta] kdtree building tool. downloadable binary or code?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:38:15 -0600

Remik.Ziemlinski wrote:
I've been following the OBJ import example (http://code.sci.utah.edu/Manta/index.php/Kdtree-model-import) but I'm stumped looking for "kdbuild.seq". Is there a modern incarnation in the source tree, or where can I download the binaries? Thanks,

That wiki page is out of date. Loading an obj file is really easy now. If you just want to load in a single obj file, you can just use the triangleSceneViewer scene file. For instance:
bin/manta -imagetraverser "tiled (-square )" -scene "lib/libscene_triangleSceneViewer.so(-model /home/thiago/foo.obj -DynBVH)"
would load the foo.obj using a DynBVH acceleration structure. If you want to load multiple obj files or do something fancy, you can use the scenes/triangleSceneViewer.cc file as a guide for how to load obj files into manta.

Thiago