Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Re: Re: spam on code.sci manta wiki

  • From: Thiago Ize < >
  • To:
  • Cc: The default queue via SCI Support < >, Erik Jorgensen < >
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Re: Re: spam on code.sci manta wiki
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:38:19 -0600

I'm all for requiring approval before an account is created on the wiki. Some of the spambots I think go in and actively delete bits of text and replace it with text from an older revision. For instance, RolacEllic added some spam links and removed the directions for how to download manta from svn!

Thiago

J. Davison de St. Germain wrote:
Hi,

I'm forwarding this issue to Erik and Support because if a SCI computer is used for spam, it can be blocked, and I don't want code being blocked. I note that C-SAFE solved this problem by not allowing anonymous users to create wiki accounts... I'm not sure who manages the manta wiki...

      - Dav

James Bigler wrote:
There is.  I used to monitor this, but I haven't been lately since the
RSS feed broke for some reason.

James

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Thiago Ize
< >
 wrote:
I've noticed there's been some spam bots deleting and adding things to the
wiki. Is there a way to block these "users"?

Thiago