Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Re: r2349 - in trunk: . CMake Engine Image Model Model/Readers UserInterface

  • From: "J. Davison de St. Germain" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Re: r2349 - in trunk: . CMake Engine Image Model Model/Readers UserInterface
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:40:56 -0700

I'm surprised I had to do that too... I would have thought it would 'just work' too... but it didn't. I'm not certain. All I know is that when I typed "make", I got link errors due to missing Teem symbols. And when I added the CMake stuff to link in Teem, they went away, and the compilation finished and manta ran.

  - Dav

James Bigler wrote:
I'm surprised that you needed to do this. Transitive linking should happen for you. Are you certain that you were linking against teem at the right stage?

Also, you could make this better backwards compatible by doing something like this:

if(NOT DEFINED Teem_BLAH_BLAH AND DEFINED TEEM_BLAH_BLAH)
  set(Teem_BLAH_BLAH TEEM_BLAH_BLAH)
endif()

That way if you have an older version of teem you will still get the right variable name.

James

- J. Davison de St. Germain

    (801) 581-4078 -
- Chief Software Engineer           http://www.cs.utah.edu/~dav       -
- SCI Institute, SE C-SAFE          University of Utah                -