Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Error in configuring of vtkManta

  • From: Tom Haeck < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [Manta] Error in configuring of vtkManta
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:31:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE, en-US

Dear all,

I am trying to configure, make and install vtkManta, following the instructions on http://www.kitware.com/media/html/RenderedRealismAtNearlyRealTimeRates.html :

vtkManta is currently only available from within the ParaView source tree, but we expect to move it into VTK proper when it matures a bit more. Until then, obtain the ParaView source tree and then point CMake directly at the ParaView/Plugins/Manta/VTK directory when you make your initial build configuration

However, CMake was unable to configure correctly.  I got the following error:

Unknown CMake command "vtk_module_library".

When I check the CMakeLists.txt in the directory of the Manta Plugin in the ParaView source tree, I encounter indeed this unknown CMake command.  What do I have to do in order that CMake recognizes this command?  (I suppose I do have to build my VTK binary differently?)  I suppose that other people encounter the same problem?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Tom Haeck
PhD Student