Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Building Manta for offscreen rendering

  • From: Roman Vetter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Building Manta for offscreen rendering
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 01:57:45 +0200

Dear all,

I'm trying to build Manta (SVN checkout of latest trunk) for offscreen rendering with the Manta plugin in Paraview.

As explained on http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D#ParaView_with_Offscreen_Mesa, Paraview needs to be configured with the following settings for offscreen rendering with OSMesa instead of OpenGL:

OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR = {MESA_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY = <empty>
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY = {MESA_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/libGLU.[so|a]

That works fine without Manta. So when adding Manta to my Paraview build, I figured that Manta probably needs the same setup for offscreen rendering. However, Manta doesn't compile when the OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY variable is left blank:

../lib/libManta_Engine.so: undefined reference to `glBegin'
[and many more undefined references]

How do I need to configure Manta in order to use OSMesa instead of OpenGL? Thanks for helping me, if you can.

Roman