[SCIRUN-USERS] additional question (memory allocation)

  • From: "David Himes" <dhimes@northstarneuro.com>
  • To: <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] additional question (memory allocation)
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:18:09 -0700

Title: additional question (memory allocation)

Gordon, assuming you're the one that monitors this list, I have, hopefully, one final question.  I've run BioTensor successfully with the gradient input advice you gave me.  The routine makes it all the way to the planes visualization step (just about all the way through) and then dies with a memory allocation error.  I have 512 MB of RAM and a 2 GB swap space.  I'm having a hard time imagining that all that memory has been consumed.  However, in browsing through your SCIRun FAQ's, I saw a question regarding a memory allocation error and it indicated that a 64-bit mode should be enabled.  I've searched exhaustively to see if there's any guidance to do this (assuming that this indeed, is the problem), but, unfortunately have come up empty.  I know that C++ routines are notorious for consuming memory and not freeing up processes.  Please advise.  Once again, thanks for all your help.  Please reply to this address.

David Himes
Clinical Research Engineer
mailto:dhimes@northstarneuro.com

Direct line: 206.902.1928