[SCIRUN-USERS] tetrahedral mesh generation from Analyze files

  • From: "John Davidson" <j.davidson-2@manchester.ac.uk>
  • To: <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] tetrahedral mesh generation from Analyze files
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:18:12 +0100

Hi All,

I’m new to SCIRun, so please forgive a little ignorance on my part!

I’d like to generate an unstructured mesh from a structured one (from Analyze files) … is this possible?

I’m interested in FEM modelling of the head and would like to create a 3D tetrahedral mesh for exporting into matlab (of the form of two matrices, one describing the vertices i.e. x,y,z co-ords and the other describing the connectivity of these points i.e. simplices) at a particular mesh density resolution and segmented into tissue types from an Analyze file (format 7.5).  I’d also like to segment the original 3D image data (from the analyze file) to give ‘markers’ for tissue type etc. (i.e. a single column vector referring to each tetrahedron and numbered in accordance with tissue type).

Is this now possible in the SCIRun environment?  I can see that SEG3D (insight) may help here but little documentation seems to be available.  I’d greatly appreciate some help here.  I’ve tried the function ImportNrrdfromAnalyze (Teem package) but without success.  I’d certainly appreciate any thoughts (ideally, describing which functions should be used in building the network).

Many thanks

John

Dr John Davidson

Sensors, Imaging and Signal Processing

School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering

The University of Manchester

PO Box 88, Sackville Street

Manchester M60 1QD, UK

Tel: +44 (0)161 306 4790

Fax:+44 (0)161 306 4789

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] tetrahedral mesh generation from Analyze files, John Davidson, 04/03/2007