[SCIRUN-USERS] Problem to read unstructured field data from a text file

  • From: "Rezaul Bashar" <bashar@usq.edu.au>
  • To: <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Problem to read unstructured field data from a text file
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:21:06 +1000

Title: Problem to read unstructured field data from a text file

Hi,

I am a new user of SCIRun and have a trouble to read text files.I have made  text file from tetrahedra mesh generation according to SCIRun file types. For example, format of the node coordinate file is as follows

Number of nodes
X0 Y0 Z0
X1 Y1 Z1
…………
XN YN ZN.

In the user guide, it is mentioned " When reading unstructured field data from a text file, module FieldReader reads data from a node coordinate file and a separate node connectivity file".However, the pop up menu of 'ReadField' module doesn't contain .txt file  type. Could anybody help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Rezaul Bashar
PhD Student

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government (CRICOS Institution Code No's. QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M)

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Problem to read unstructured field data from a text file, Rezaul Bashar, 11/14/2007