[SCIRUN-USERS] Is there a way to open the following VTK file in SCIRun?

  • From: "Farid Harhad" <fharhad@cct.lsu.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Is there a way to open the following VTK file in SCIRun?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:56:59 +0200

Greetings from France SCIRun community!

I would like to use open the following file using SCIRun and use volume rendering to plot the data.  Here the content of my file:

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Volume example
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_POINTS
DIMENSIONS 3 4 6
ASPECT_RATIO 1 1 1
ORIGIN 0 0 0
POINT_DATA 72
SCALARS volume_scalars char 1
LOOKUP_TABLE default
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 5 10 15 20 25 25 20 15 10 5 0
0 10 20 30 40 50 50 40 30 20 10 0
0 10 20 30 40 50 50 40 30 20 10 0
0 5 10 15 20 25 25 20 15 10 5 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I've also attached the file.

Alternatively, is there documentation that explain how to create datasets in the proper format that SCIRun will be able to process.  I saw the following document in the Wiki, but it wasn't very helpful:

http://software.sci.utah.edu/SCIRunDocs/index.php/CIBC:Documentation:SCIRun:UserGuide:ImportExport

Thank you very much (merci beaucoup),
--Farid

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Is there a way to open the following VTK file in SCIRun?, Farid Harhad, 05/30/2008