[SCIRUN-USERS] CIBC Software Workshop 2008 in Salt Lake City

  • From: Rob MacLeod <macleod@cvrti.utah.edu>
  • To: ncrr-collaborators@sci.utah.edu, ncrr-workshops@sci.utah.edu, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu, map3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: Rob MacLeod <macleod@cvrti.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] CIBC Software Workshop 2008 in Salt Lake City
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:08:25 -0700

Dear Friends of the CIBC and SCIRun,

Please find below an announcement for our rapidly upcoming workshop.  Our apologies for the short notice but for that, we expect rapid replies in order to make final arrangements. (-:

Best regards,

Rob
(for the CIBC team)
---------------------------------

Announcing the 2008 Center for Integrative Biomedical Computing (CIBC) Workshop

Dec, 4th and 5th, 2008
Warnock Engineering Building, University of Utah Campus
Salt Lake City, UT
http://www.sci.utah.edu/cibc/workshops/workshop2008/index.html

The NIH/NCRR Center for Integrated Biomedical Computing (CIBC) is pleased to announce a workshop for scientists and engineers interested in applications of advanced computing to biomedicine.  The goal of the workshop will be to present our state of the art tools and techniques for image-based modeling, simulation, and visual analysis in biomedical applications of interest to attendees.  Featured software includes SCIRun 4.0, a significantly upgraded version of our signature integrated computational environment, Seg3d, a fully 3D user-supervised segmentation program, ImageVis3D, our brand new updated program for visualization and visual analysis of three-dimensional volume data, and BioMesh3D, our new pipeline for developing high-quality computational three-dimensional meshes from image data.

The intended audience includes scientists and engineers with an interest in applications of image processing, modeling, simulation, and visualization  to their biomedical research.

Attendees will

- learn about the major features of these software packages
- have an opportunity for hands-on instruction in our software, in four laboratory sessions built into the workshop schedule, and
- hear from some of our users about their biomedical applications and their experience with our software

We especially encourage both collaborators and potential collaborators of the Center to attend this workshop!!

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] CIBC Software Workshop 2008 in Salt Lake City, Rob MacLeod, 11/17/2008