[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Imagefield

  • From: David Weinstein <dmw@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Chris Butson <butsonc@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Imagefield
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:57:26 -0600

Hi Chris,

Yes, SCIRun can still do that.  If the values in the input to ShowField are Vectors, they can be directly rendered as RGB by selecting the "Conversion to RGB" option (note: this works for all Mesh types, not just ImageFields).  The components can range from -1 to 1, and the absolute value of each component is used.  For example: (0,0,0) maps to black; (0.5, 0.5, 0.5) and (-0.5, 0.5, -0.5) both map to medium gray; (1,1,0) and (1,-1,0) are both yellow.

I'm attaching an example network and a snapshot.

Cheers,
Dave