[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: ConvertFieldDataType may not be working

  • From: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Ashu Chaturvedi <ashu.chaturvedi@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: ConvertFieldDataType may not be working
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:30:48 -0700

Hi Ashu,

I was able to reproduce your bug, and I'm looking into the differences between the modules in SCIRun v3.0.2 and the latest version.

Ayla

On Feb 16, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Ashu Chaturvedi wrote:

Hey,

I have a simple SCIRun network which reads in two input files and solves for the FEM voltage solutions in space.  In SCIRun v3.0.2 the solutions converge correctly in the SolveLinearSystem module.  However, in SCIRun v4.5 they do not; in fact, the cumulative error goes off to infinity.

I have narrowed down the problem to the ConvertFieldDataType module.  When I use the v4.5 module, further downstream I get a warning inside ApplyFEMVoltageSource that says:
"WARNING: (BioPSE_Forward_ApplyFEMVoltageSource_0) The input field doesn't contain Dirichlet boundary conditions."

This warning does not appear in the v3.0.2 ApplyFEMVoltageSource module.

In v4.5, when I read in the saved output from the ConvertFieldDataType module from v3.0.2, that warning does not appear and the FEM solutions converge correctly in v4.5.

You can download (87 mb) the example network and data which depicts this problem:

Thanks in advance for your help!

--Ashu Chaturvedi