[SCIRUN-USERS] Convert diffusion tensors from NIFTI to NRRD format

  • From: butsonc <butsonc@gmail.com>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: glk@uchicago.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Convert diffusion tensors from NIFTI to NRRD format
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:57:11 -0500

We have two diffusion tensor volumes in NIFTI format and we are attempting to convert them into NRRD format in order to use the Teem library in SCIRun. Specifically, we want to perform tractography using TendFiber. We have a conversion pipeline but it is long and complex, and it seems likely that someone must have come up with a better way? The problem we are experiencing is that the conversion pipeline works sometimes, and when it doesn't work it is very hard to debug.

We are open to performing this conversion using the simplest approach, including command line tools. Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Christopher R. Butson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Biotechnology & Bioengineering Center
Departments of Neurology & Neurosurgery
Medical College of Wisconsin
(414) 955-2678

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Convert diffusion tensors from NIFTI to NRRD format, butsonc, 06/05/2013