[SCIRUN-USERS] Strange video behavior on Mac Pro running SCIRun 4.6

  • From: butsonc <butsonc@gmail.com>
  • To: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Strange video behavior on Mac Pro running SCIRun 4.6
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:06:01 -0500

I just installed SCIRun 4.6 on a new Mac Pro running OSX 10.8.4. This system has two monitors, one connected through the DVI port and one connected through a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter. The video card is a ATI Radeon HD 5770.

As soon as I start SCIRun and open a render window (ViewScene) I see a white screen flicker on one screen and the other screen becomes scrambled (see below). It appears that only a reboot can get things back to normal once this happens. Has anyone else observed this behavior or have ideas about how to solve it?

Thanks,
Chris