[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Re: interpolating on a surface

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Re: interpolating on a surface
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:12:18 -0600

If you want a simple linear interpolation, using MapFieldDataFromSourseToDestination, or MapFieldDataOntoNodes should work, but you will need connections for the original points (a surface or volume mesh).  you can create a volume mesh from a point cloud using IterfaceWithTetgen and disabling the PLC option, which will create a mesh of the convex hull of the points.

If you need other than linear interpolation, there is some support for laplacian interpolation using the BuildFEMatrix module.  This is a bit more complicated, but if you need more details I can explain it in another email.

cheers,
Jess