[SCIRUN-USERS] Visualizing finite element meshes with hybrid shaped elements

  • From: Dafang Wang <dafang.wang@jhu.edu>
  • To: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Visualizing finite element meshes with hybrid shaped elements
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 00:04:11 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to visualize a 3D finite element mesh that contains a mixture of hex/prism/tetrahedral elements. I am wondering whether SCIRun can visualize such data and if so, what kind of file format is the most convenient. My mesh is in both the ascii and matlab formats.

Thanks very much for any comments or advice.

Cheers,
Dafang
--
Dafang Wang, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Visualizing finite element meshes with hybrid shaped elements, Dafang Wang, 10/31/2013