[SCIRUN-USERS] Making movies in scirun

  • From: Peter Johnston <p.johnston@griffith.edu.au>
  • To: <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Making movies in scirun
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:50:43 +1000

Hi All,

I just noticed on the "readmatrix" module that there is an option for a script. When I click on the script tab the instruction says to "initialise filename with environment variable:"  Could someone please explain what that means? It is not mentioned on the wiki documentation page for readmatrix.

My question really relates to reading in multiple (about 1000) data files (simply containing potentials) to display on the one mesh (as read by a readfield module) in order to make a movie. Will the script option on readmatrix help with this or is there some better way of doing it? This of course raises the question of how to turn this into a movie. Any advice would be appreciated on that topic as well.

Thanks very much,

Peter.

Assoc. Prof. Peter Johnston
Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics          Phone (07) 3735 7748
School of Biomolecular and Physical Science         Fax   (07) 3735 7773
Griffith University
Nathan
Queensland 4111
AUSTRALIA