Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Questions about BioMesh3D

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu, Nima_Maftoon@MEEI.HARVARD.EDU, n_maftoon@yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Questions about BioMesh3D
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 11:52:47 -0600

Hi Nima,

here are some answers to your question:

1)  The output of BioMesh3D is a scirun field file (.fld)  This is the native format for SCIRun, with which Biomesh is distributed.  You can use SCIRun to convert the fld file into other formats.  vtk and stl formats are supported as are several others.  Please refer to the SCIRun website (scirun.org) and documentation for more information.

2)  There are several intermediate steps that save out files.  These are left so that you can rerun BioMesh from later stages if desired.  Also, you can use them to take advantage of the interactive mode  and visualize the results of the various stages.  The surface file is saved out as particle-union.ts.fld.  You will need to transform it back into the original coordinate system (can be done is scirun).  You can also use SCIRun to extract the surfaces from the tet mesh.

3) This is not supported.

4) You can set the max volume of the tet elements with the tetgen flags in the model_config.py file (see http://wias-berlin.de/software/tetgen/).  You can also play with the sizing field variables in the config file.

Hope that helps,
Jess