Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Visualizing different layers in tetrahedral mesh

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Purbasha Garai <pg0222@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Visualizing different layers in tetrahedral mesh
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:55:24 -0600

Hi Purbasha,

You can use ClipFieldByFunction to extract each of the layers. Use an
expression like 'DATA==1;' to get the layer labeled 1. You can then
visualize it and use clipping planes in the viewscene options to inspect the
elements. You can also use GetMeshQualityField to report the quality metric
of each element, and use a color map to visualize it. If you just want to
inspect the boundary use GetDomainBoundary or ExtractIsosurface.

cheers,
Jess