Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] build error

  • From: Dan White <dwhite@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] build error
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:54:32 -0700

I was able to build on my Embedded Ubuntu on Windows 10 system, which should be equivalent to your native Ubuntu system. My gcc there is version 4.8.4. Are you sure you have all the dependencies? I needed a few of these to get it to build (via http://www.sci.utah.edu/cibc-software/scirun.html, Specifications tab, Ubuntu sub-tab):

sudo apt-get install cmake-qt-gui cmake-curses-gui build-essential \
                     libxft-dev libxi-dev libxmu-headers freeglut3-dev \
                     libtiff4-dev

Let us know if there is still an error, and if so, please send the entire build log as an attachment.
Dan