Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIrun for External Defirbrillation

  • From: Xin Zhu <zhuxin@u-aizu.ac.jp>
  • To: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIrun for External Defirbrillation
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 01:01:23 +0900

Dear Jess,

Thank you for your information in the following email.

I have tried the external defibrillation simulation based on your hints but failed. I used GetDomainBoundary to get the surface of torso and ClipFieldByMesh to the intersection of the surface and pad.

Would you please kindly give me more information on the external defibrillation simulation?

Your kind help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Xin Zhu, Senior Associate Professor, PhD
Biomedical Information Technology Lab, CAIST ARC-BME
The University of Aizu
Tel:+81-242-37-2771; Fax:+81-242-37-2728

HI Benjamin,

We do not currently have a published tutorial for external defibrillation. However, external defibrillation is functionally similar to ICD, the only difference is the geometry of the sources.  We have done this by generating a geometry in the shape of the paddle or pad to use in the model, placing the mesh to intersect the torso surface, calculating the intersection of the paddle mesh and the torso, then applying the sources to an element or two thickness based on the intersection.   The modules needed to do this are the same as used in the ICD example, except the GetDomainBounday module used to extract the torso surface (use a range 0 to 12 or the max value of the segmentation).  CalculateDistanceToFIeld can be used to with CalculateFieldData to assign the source values.  The rest is the same.  If you need more direction, I can walk you through the details.

cheers,
Jess