Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] 3D to 2D conversion

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Dana Brooks <brooks@ece.neu.edu>
  • Cc: Vikas R bhat <vikasraghubhat@gmail.com>, "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] 3D to 2D conversion
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 11:18:02 -0600

Hi Dana,

That’s a good idea, but, unfortunately, it isn’t implemented in a module.  It could be done with InterfaceWithPython, and probably the calculatemeshnodes module (SR4).   In SR5, a possible work around could be to similarly use CaclulateFieldData by assigning the node positions as field data (getfieldnodes and setfielddata), then assigning the new data values as node positions (getfielddata and setfieldnodes).

cheers,
Jess