[Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: building Seg3D with nVidia drivers?

  • From: Kristen Zygmunt <krismz@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: building Seg3D with nVidia drivers?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:57:23 -0600

I have a few ideas,  one is that the /usr/lib, /usr/lib32, /usr/lib64 structure is not what CMake is expecting.  At one point, CMake believes that your system architecture is 64-bit.  Is this correct?  To determine your structure, please run the following commands which describe the contents and link structures of those directories and post the results:

>> ls -al /usr | grep lib
>> ls -al /usr/lib* | grep GL

A patch you can try to explicitly tell CMake where to look is to edit the src/CMake/FindOpenGL.cmake file and change the section that reads:

FIND_LIBRARY(OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY
  NAMES GLU MesaGLU
  PATHS ${OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY}
                 /usr/lib
                 /usr/local/lib
                 /opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib
                 /usr/openwin/lib
                 /usr/X11R6/lib
                 /usr/shlib
)

to say:

FIND_LIBRARY(OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY
  NAMES GLU MesaGLU
  PATHS ${OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY}
                 /usr/lib
                 /usr/local/lib
                 /opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib
                 /usr/openwin/lib
                 /usr/X11R6/lib
                 /usr/shlib
                /usr/lib32
)

This patch assumes that the problem is occurring in SCIRun itself, not when SCIRun is using CMake to build a third-party package like ITK.  Please let me know if this makes a difference, I have not tested it myself.

-Kris