[Seg3D] Adding Dimensions to Segmentation

  • From: Fluvio Lobo Fenoglietto <lobox015@umn.edu>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Adding Dimensions to Segmentation
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:09:08 -0500

Dear Seg3D Developers,

My name is Fluvio Lobo and I am a graduate student at the University of Minnesota, Medical School. I have been using Seg3D since the iBBM course this past July.

I am helping a few undergrads to reconstruct 3D structures inside gelatin gels, using ultrasound. We decided to import cross-section images to seg3D for the segmentation of these internal structures. However, I am having a hard time adding a scale to these images.

I am reconstructing around 2-in of tubing within this gelatin model. However, my segmentation does not have any dimensions to itself.

I am attaching the project file so that it makes more sense.

Thank you!

FLUVIO LOBO

Graduate Research Assistant at the Center for Research in Education and Simulation Technologies (CREST) - University of Minnesota, School of Medicine.
B.S. Biomedical Engineering
B.A. Engineering Mathematics