Re: [Seg3D] python scripting question

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: steven.niederer@kcl.ac.uk
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] python scripting question
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 10:15:31 -0600

Hi Steve,

to set the name of a layer in the python controller, use a command like this:
set(stateid='layer_0::name',value='name')
As for  your second question, all the tools and filters require the layer id(s) to run from the python console.  You can search through the layers to find the matching name,w which may be too slow depending on the number of layers that you have.  You can also use the layermanager::activelayer stateid to give you the layerid of the highlighted layer:
layer=get(stateid='layermanager::active_layer')
the controller window can help you know what actions(functions) and stateids are available to access and use.

cheers,
Jess