Re: [Seg3D] Linux installation problem

  • From: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "Lin, Jiao" <linjiao@ornl.gov>
  • Cc: "seg3d@sci.utah.edu" <seg3d@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] Linux installation problem
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:48:15 -0700

Could you try building 2.4.0_RC3 instead? You’ll need Qt 5.

Ayla

On Feb 5, 2017, at 8:59 PM, Lin, Jiao <linjiao@ornl.gov> wrote:

I am trying to install Seg3D on a linux machine under a conda environment. I was able to install some missing dependencies into this conda environment and get past some of the problems during installation. But now I got stuck with an error complaining about missing tetgen. I tried installing tetgen into the conda environment (got “tetgen” under “bin”, and “libtet.a” under “lib”) but it still does not work. Could you please help? The output of build script is:

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/lj7/Downloads/Seg3D-2.3.2/bin
Building SCIRun using make...
make
[  1%] Performing update step for 'ImplicitFunction_external'
Current branch HEAD is up to date.
[  2%] Performing configure step for 'ImplicitFunction_external'
CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:60 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file named "TetgenConfig.cmake"
  provided by package "Tetgen".

  Add the installation prefix of "Tetgen" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Tetgen_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Tetgen"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:62 (message):
  Tetgen library not found in Tetgen_DIR-NOTFOUND

See also "/home/lj7/Downloads/Seg3D-2.3.2/bin/Externals/Build/ImplicitFunction_external/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/lj7/Downloads/Seg3D-2.3.2/bin/Externals/Build/ImplicitFunction_external/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
CMakeFiles/ImplicitFunction_external.dir/build.make:106: recipe for target 'Externals/Stamp/ImplicitFunction_external/ImplicitFunction_external-configure' failed
make[2]: *** [Externals/Stamp/ImplicitFunction_external/ImplicitFunction_external-configure] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:485: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/ImplicitFunction_external.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ImplicitFunction_external.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Building Seg3D returned an error

Either the code failed to build properly or

the testing programs failed to complete without

every single test program passing the test.