[Seg3D] Question about dilate erode element type

  • From: massisenergy@tuta.io
  • To: Seg3d <seg3d@sci.utah.edu>, Sympa <sympa@lists.sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Question about dilate erode element type
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 07:30:19 +0200 (CEST)

Dear,

Does Seg3D offer any more element types (sphere, circle, rectangle etc.) than squared pixels?

For example, I have a tomography image which is high resolution (very small pixel size). That, upon surface-export, results in a jagged isosurface with very large number of triangles which I do not need. If I could use a sphere or ball as my dilation-erosion element of chosen size, I could get a lot smoother, non-pixelated (and less number of triangle) surface for my use case.

Any information / advice on this will be highly appreciated.

With regards,
massisenergy
--
Sent with Tutanota, the secure & ad-free mailbox.