shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] Getting data into appropriate formats

  • From: "Leib, Daniel" <leibd@wudosis.wustl.edu>
  • To: "Shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu" <Shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] Getting data into appropriate formats
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:02:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Good morning!

I’m hoping to try using ShapeWorks as a means to investigate skull shapes in several different mouse phenotypes, and I can run the tutorials for ShapeWorks just fine, but I’m having trouble getting from my CT scans to an appropriate format.

What I would like to be able to do is go from 16 bit grayscale images generated from Scanco’s software, preprocessed in MATLAB, and then written out to the necessary format for ShapeWorksRun, but I can’t seem to get any mha or DICOM files with an mhd header to play nice. Are there any examples/documentation on what ShapeWroksRun is explicitly looking for or what header information must be there to run correctly? I’ve been looking at the ITK documentation and there are so many ways to do things that I’m worried I’m just not doing things in the expected way.

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel Leib

Department of Orthopaedic Surgery

Musculoskeletal Research Center

Washington University in St. Louis

Office 11506 BJCIH

314-747-2769 Phone

314-362-0334 Fax

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Health Information. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via return email.