shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] restricting particle movements in certain areas

  • From: <maga@uw.edu>
  • To: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] restricting particle movements in certain areas
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 11:45:34 -0700

Hi,

We are testing SW in two different datasets.

First case is using SW to assess shape on a large collection of mouse molars.
We built an atlas, segmented three molar teeth and warp them back to samples.
Segmentations are quite good in agreement with manual test cases and SW works
quite well. Concern is each tooth physically attached to the next one. So for
example backside of the 1st molar would touch the front side of 2nd molar.
Segmentation at at area is less then ideal and somewhat noisy, due lack of
anatomy to draw the boundaries accurately. During the particle flow, I would
rather not have the particles go in that area. How can I restrict that?

Second use case is somewhat easier. We are trying to model the head shape from
MRIs. Actually what we want to do it quite similar to Figure 8 in Oguz et al.
2015, except our age range is wider. In looks like the particles didn't go
over the ear (and below nose I suppose). How does one achieve that?

Thanks,
Murat

  • [shapeworks-users] restricting particle movements in certain areas, maga, 02/05/2016