shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] Crash in itk::LevelSetNeighborhoodExtractor during fastmarching stage

  • From: Vincent Daanen <vincent.daanen@minmaxmedical.com>
  • To: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] Crash in itk::LevelSetNeighborhoodExtractor during fastmarching stage
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 17:33:54 +0200

Hi,

I try to use shapeworks to build a SSM of femurs.

I had to convert femurs meshes to binary images (I did this using itk)

I then use the binary images as data in shapeworks studio.

All run fine until the fastmarching step. In this step, the underlying itk filter (itk::LevelSetNeighborhoodExtractor) crashes on the first image (I try to select another 1st image to check that the problem was not caused by the image itself).

The issue is raised from line “inputPixel = m_InputLevelSet->GetPixel(neighIndex);” from file “Modules\Segmentation\LevelSets\include\itkLevelSetNeighborhoodExtractor.hxx” (I’m using itk-4.10.0) because neighIndex[1] is negative.

So I’d like to know

1)      if the structure of interest should be filled in with ‘foreground’ pixel or only the edges of the structure should have the ‘foreground’ value

2)      what if a good ‘foreground value’. Should I prefer 255 or 1 ?

Thanks

Vincent

Vincent Daanen

Software Project Manager - MinMaxMedical

+33 (0) 4 76 54 95 18
bureaux:
http://www.biopolis.fr/

  • [shapeworks-users] Crash in itk::LevelSetNeighborhoodExtractor during fastmarching stage, Vincent Daanen, 06/07/2016