shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] Problems Building/Running ShapeWorks Command Line Tool

  • From: evan terrell <et5ee@virginia.edu>
  • To: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] Problems Building/Running ShapeWorks Command Line Tool
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:40:04 -0400

Hi all,

After some inconsistencies in the results given by the ShapeWorks Studio GUI, I am attempting to run my analyses using the ShapeWorks Command Line Tool. Unfortunately, I have not been able to successfully build the CLT software from source, nor have I been able to successfully run the ShapeworksCLT executable in the directory of the latest version of ShapeWorksStudio.

When building from source (in Windows), I have used CMake to configure ITK and VTK (with Qt). ITK builds fine. VTK only builds successfully with Qt 4.x; however, I then get LNK2038 msc_ver mismatch error during the ShapeWorks build in VS2015, as Qt 4.x is not compatible with VS2015. I then attempted building Qt 4.x from source with VS2015 compatibility as a work around, but I was unable to do so. When I instead configure VTK with Qt5.x, which is compatible with VS2015, VTK fails to build successfully, with Visual Studio throwing errors about the VTK-Qt modules 'x64' conflicting with the target machine type 'x86' (LNK1112) and about being unable to open vtkGUISupportQt-6.3.lib file (LNK1181).

I also tried simply running the ShapeworksCLT executable from my Shapeworks Studio directory, but the program only opens for a split second, then immediately closes. This is true whether or not I have complete ITK or VTK builds on my machine (not sure if that matters?). I added the Shapeworks directory as a path variable on my system, but this also had no effect.

I don't have much of a computational background, and building software is totally new to me, so if anyone has any suggestions for installing and using Shapeworks CLT, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Evan

--
Evan Terrell
Graduate Student, Biomedical Engineering

  • [shapeworks-users] Problems Building/Running ShapeWorks Command Line Tool, evan terrell, 09/14/2016