shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] ShapeWorks Users Get-Together

  • From: Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: shapeworks-dev@sci.utah.edu, Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] ShapeWorks Users Get-Together
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 17:57:16 -0600

Dear All,

Hope you got lots of treats that are good to eat!  … :) … We will hold our ShapeWorks users get-together on Thursday Nov 7th at 11am (see below for more info)

Here is the tentative agenda for this month meeting — please bring your shape modeling story (use case) to the table to discuss how to customize ShapeWorks for your own use case:

- ShapeWorks: Overview & What is New!
- ShapeWorksStudio: Recent Updates & Live Demo!
- Algorithmic Parameter Discussion
- Femurs Use Case: Shape Modeling using Surface Meshes
- Left Atrium Use Case: Multiscale Optimization
- Users Stories & Open Discussion

As an end user interested in ShapeWorks, we would like to cordially invite you (in person or remotely) to discuss your feedback and suggestions to improve our software and documentation.

Our development team (cced) is putting a significant amount of effort to improve ShapeWorks deployment for both end-user and developer communities … This includes easily installable cross-platform packages, build scripts on different platforms (Windows, OSX, and Linux) with all dependencies built automatically, and simple/informative user/developer documentation. … Thanks, ShapeWorkers!!

Your input matters at this stage as we are working our way towards a more usable, deployable, general-purpose software package for shape modeling, and hence this meeting will bridge your experience using ShapeWorks on your own data with our development efforts.

When: Thursdays every four weeks starting August 15th from 11am to 1pm MDT (I will send a calendar invitation shortly)

Where: WEB 2760 (Meldrum conference room)

Joining in person:  Lunch will be ordered with vegetarian and gluten free options. Please let me know if you have any other diet restrictions.

Please let me know if you are going to join in person by Tuesday Nov 5th morning to sort out logistics for lunch. Thanks!

Can’t join in person: Below is a recurring zoom invitation for the meeting, please feel free to join remotely if this is more convenient …

—————— Zoom invitation ——————
Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Nov 7th, 2019 11:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/54e2d41837af4d4c7510d14dfea9e911

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
————————————————————

For questions, comments, and feedback: Please use our Gitter forum (https://gitter.im/ShapeWorks)

Getting the latest ShapeWorks tools:

Go to the Github page and follow the instructions in the top-level README: https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ShapeWorks

We also have shape analysis workflows (use cases) scripted in python. Please see https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ShapeWorks/Examples/Python/

Looking forward to our discussion next week! ….

thanks and best regards
Shireen

Shireen Elhabian, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
School of Computing
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
University of Utah
WEB 2815
72 Central Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112
Phone (801) 587-3206
Fax (801) 585-6513
Home Page: http://www.sci.utah.edu/~shireen

  • [shapeworks-users] ShapeWorks Users Get-Together, Shireen Elhabian, 11/01/2019