cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

[Cleaver] Coarser tets along homogeneous boundaries

  • From: Julien Finet <julien.finet@kitware.com>
  • To: "cleaver@sci.utah.edu" <cleaver@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: Ricardo Ortiz <ricardo.ortiz@kitware.com>
  • Subject: [Cleaver] Coarser tets along homogeneous boundaries
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:01:24 -0500

Hi,

We've done further tests with Cleaver (still loving it :-) ) and we have noticed the following issue.

Feeding cleaver with a 30x30x30 cube with 2 label regions separated along a plane, please see below the generated mesh (the tets (red and blue) are intersected with a slice of the volume. Please disregard the odd looking intersections :-), nevertheless we can observe:
 - a) the generated tet mesh is coarse in the homogeneous areas
 - b) the generated tet mesh is detailed along the jagged green-cream labels boundaries.
 - c) the generated tet mesh is detailed along the smooth air(black)-green label boundaries.

I understand a) and b). I also understand that air is treated as a label (I know Ricardo previously mentioned it).
However, as a naive user, I would expect to have a coarser mesh along the smooth (!=jagged) label boundaries ? Would it be a hard feature to add into Cleaver ?

Thanks for your insights,
Julien.

Inline image 1

PNG image