iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] Re: Re: Re: Re: Transfer data to iPhone

  • From: butsonc <butsonc@gmail.com>
  • To: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] Re: Re: Re: Re: Transfer data to iPhone
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:26:31 -0600

Jens, Tom,

After trying several more times I was able to download the data from geronimo. Now we will backup and figure out what the problem was.

Thanks,
Chris

On Nov 5, 2009, at 6:11 AM, Jens Krueger wrote:

Hi Chris,

if I recall correctly I usually use ports 8000-8020 and 4000-4020 as well as 22. On my mac, however, port 22 does not work as some other service (most likely ssh) is already using that port. In that case you should get a verbose error message, I got "Cannot start server as some other program is blocking 22".

For your tests I also just started two servers on one of our systems here, try the following on your phone:

Server: geronimo.sci.utah.edu
Port: 4000
or
Port: 4001

on port 4000 you should get a beetle dataset on port 4001 you should get a lobster.

BTW, the transferred data and the "build-in" data are handled separately so there is no need to rename the file, it should still work with any name.

Cheers
  Jens