iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] Re: Re: Re: Re: Trouble building with QT 4.7, Windows 7

  • From: Ofri Sadowsky <sadowsky.o.phd@gmail.com>
  • To: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] Re: Re: Re: Re: Trouble building with QT 4.7, Windows 7
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:28:55 +0200

I am actually looking to embed Tuvok into other applications.  But I also want to learn some of the insides of the system, which would be easier to do if I build and debug it.  A distribution of Tuvok only, with documentation, could help for a start, though I do want to go beyond that.

Will try 4.6.2 over the next days.

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:10 PM, tom fogal <tfogal@sci.utah.edu> wrote:
Ofri Sadowsky <sadowsky.o.phd@gmail.com> writes:
> Here's how things turned out so far.  I got the Qt source have
> gone through the build, which was long enough to be sure...  Now
> QtOpenGLd.lib and qtmaind.lib (and their non-d versions) are in the
> lib directory of the fresh Qt.  And yet the build of ImageVis3D
> fails, now missing the library qjpegd.lib.  I suppose it should have
> been in the plugins/imageformats folder of Qt, but it ain't there.

I haven't tested it with the latest Qt releases.  I'll give that a try
on Monday; sounds like they changed something and we now have a bug :(

I believe the last version we've verified locally is 4.6.2.  Maybe
someone else can pipe in...

> I did use the configure command posted on your web page,
>
>   https://code.sci.utah.edu/svn/imagevis3d/Scripts/Win-StaticQt.bat
>
> (whose certificate, by the way, is not recognized by my browser) and
> I presume by the listed options that it was supposed to build the
> jpeg library.  Except it didn't.  And, by the way, the piped `echo
> y' you present isn't working with the current distribution of Qt.
> This is because Qt asks me if I am configuring an "Open Source" or
> "Commercial" package, to which the answer is "o" or "c" but not "y".

It (used to, at least) ask two questions, and we're just bypassing one
of them.  Do you have a patch to fix it?

> The installed Qt doesn't contain the qtjpegd.lib file either.
> Rather, it's qjpegd4.dll, with no lib.
>
> So back to square 1.

Try 4.6.2, for now.

-tom