iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] blank render window on Lenovo X220

  • From: Wade Sigurdson <wjs@buffalo.edu>
  • To: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] blank render window on Lenovo X220
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:55:28 -0400

I've recently acquired a Lenovo X220 laptop with the new IntelHD integrated graphics processor. ImageVis3D runs, but after loading data set the render window remains blank, just an empty black window. If I turn on local or global outlines I see the rectangles drawn around the missing render data and these rotate just as if the program was working properly.

If I start the program from the command line in Ubuntu 11.4, the following errors are listed:

Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glUniform(type mismatch)

When using other volume rendering software that relies on openGL hardware support, the rendering occurs normally. I've tested the system using GL_gears which operates normally. I see a similar problem when running iv3d under Win7.

All OS's are 64 bit and in the case of the linux version, I've downloaded the latest svn version and locally compiled, all without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wade J. Sigurdson, Ph.D.
Director Confocal Microscope and Flow Cytometry Facility
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY